Friday, July 10, 2009

Pursuing My Future Dreams

I wish I could pursue my dreams now. I wish it didn’t cost so much to pursue anything. And, most of all, I wish money wasn’t a factor in happiness.

The reason I haven’t gone back to school sooner is money. I am not financially stable enough to go to school using my own money. And, I am not financially stable enough to go back to school if I don’t have a set degree. If/when I go back to school I have to have a set career track in mind. I can’t just go back for fun.

Ultimately, I want to work with children. I absolutely love working with children. Now I just have to get a straight career path set up. As of now, my goal is to go back to school Fall quarter 2010. I will be working for my two year degree in Early Childhood Education. In the hopes that one day I will be able to own my own daycare.

I have considered going back to school to be an elementary school teacher, but honestly, I know the university life just isn’t for me. Western is not my cup of tea, and I there is no way I can afford an “out of state college” nor am I willing to move away too far.

I have too many responsibilities at home to be able to go to an out of state or “out of area” college.

I also know I will not enjoy being an Elementary School Teacher in the long run, because I would still have to leave my own future children for work. It is very important to me to be able to stay home with my future children. I would love to eventually be a stay-at-home-mommy but, with the current economy, I also know that is more likely not possible. With owning my own day care, I will be able to bring in an income, as well as bring my children to work with me.

I just want to get started with my future career goals, NOW. But, I am being held back financially. I have to wait until next year’s school year, so I can apply for financial aid and scholarships. I am also very worried about the fact that I would have to quit my job here at WECU. WECU offers me a 401K, Medical Benefits, as well as annual bonus’. I am financially stable at this job, and some my find it irresponsible of me to give this up for a career that pays minimum wage. But I think ultimately I have to find something that will make me happy rather then something that pays well.

As I stated yesterday, “I only have patience in life with two things: dogs, and children. Everything else better just hurry the hell up!”

No comments:

Post a Comment