Monday, July 20, 2009

A note about religion:

A friend of mine posted on her blog a tid bit about religion. This was my comment to her, I found myself pretty insightful, so I will post this to you for your thoughts:

I am too, sad for all the people who blindly just accept the faith that was "born to them". It is nice to be raised with faith, but, I don't know if it is necessarily right to raise a child in a religion. Religion, and believing, are very different subjects. I don't feel you give it (religion) a legitimate backing if you are just raised in the one religion, without knowing about all the others. Jesus wasn't raised christian, he was a Jew. Buddha was Hindu. Isn't religion clearer when you aren't blindly following it because you are told...but rather, find it yourself?

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment