Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Breaking Up is Hard to do

Some might say that I have never broken up with someone, other's realize the truth. There is not just a "romantic break-up". Every relationship you hold is bound to be broken up at some point: friends, family, acquaintances, etc. These are are all forms of relationships, just not all romantic.

I wish you could tell someone, "Things just aren't working out with us anymore" and actually break up with these un-romantic relationships; but with these relationships--breaking up is hard to do.

It might not be as emotionally difficult as breaking up with your significant other, but, it is difficult none the less. These are the people you had fun with, spent nights with, got drunk with, and shared all the fun experiences with. They know you. But, sometimes it is just time to say goodbye.

Sometimes these friends will hurt you so bad, that there is no recovery. They will cheat, and lie, and you will realize that you never actually knew them at all. But there is no real way to say, "Sorry, It's over" with a non-romantic acquaintance. You have to just cut all ties. No more texting, calling, inviting to parties. And you have to make sure no one else invites them to parties either. This could go on for months before they finally get the picture that they aren't welcome anymore.

Sometimes breaking up is the hardest thing you will have to do, but sometimes it is necessary for them to get the picture.

For the last 4 years we have been friends, you have never once been honest to me. You have never once been honest to your self. You have done nothing but lie to me, and lie to yourself. You have joked with me, laughed with me, and cried with me. We have shared a number of good times, and a number of bad times. We have been friends though thick and thin, but I have relized it was all a lie.

You claim you never liked me. It has taken you four years to man up and say how you feel. Four years too late. I can not believe someone can take that long to say how they truly feel about someone. I can not believe you could pretend to like me for that long, and not be true to yourself. I can not believe it took you this long to man up, and tell me how your truely feel.

I ammend you for letting me know. But, I do not know what you want me to make of this? And even if we can learn to get passed these years of dis-honesty, do I even want to be friends again? Why would I ever set my emotions out on the line when I know someone is just going to shoot them down? Why would I ever want to be friends with someone who can not stand up for themselves or be honest with themselves.

I know you were finally trying to stand up for yourself, but you have to know it was too late. Maybe next time you will learn to just put your true feelings out for everyone to see. Next time it wont take you so long to be true to yourself.

I do hope that one day we can look passed all this. I hope one day you will grow up and learn you were also in fault. But, untill then, I guess this is goodbye.

I hope the best for you. I do still care about you as a friend, and I wish nothing more then you to be happy. But untill we can talk again, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment