Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Where did Christmas Sprit go?

I remember when I was young I would get this huge "christmas feeling" in my body. I would be so happy the whole season, and so excited. It was this deep feeling of christmas that came from way deep within. But, I don't get that feeling anymore. I still get excited for christmas, but the feeling is different. The feeling isn't warm anymore. It's dull.

I don't feel the anticipation for christmas. I'm excited for it to come and go. I love doing "christmassy" stuff: decorate the tree, christmas shopping, baking, decorating, etc. But, I don't get the excited feeling that "christmas is just 2 days away...etc.". It's just another day.

I always thought it was strange how adults weren't as excited as children. But now that I am there, I understand. Christmas is exciting, and a great time of the year, but it is just another day.

My mom told me that when I have kids of my own I will feel the anticipation again, as I see it in their eyes. But, until then, I just get this.

Christmas is two days away, and it hardly feels like the season has begun.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I am so with you!!! It's so weird...I can't believe it's CHristmas eve...it doesn't feel like it should.

    ReplyDelete