Friday, December 11, 2009

Selfish

I don't know if this is how the world normally is, or I have just noticed it a lot more lately because it's the holiday season. The holiday season is the time for giving, and thinking of others. Lately, all I have felt is the ideas of selfish/self-centered people.

Why is it that no one can think of anyone besides themselves? Why is everyone so self centered? It's a rarity to find someone that will actually ask, "How are you?" rather then, "Gosh, my day was shitty". Someone who actually wants to hear about your day, rather then someone who only wants to tell you about theirs. No one really cares enough to ask anyone if they are "okay", they just want a conversation starter to talk about themselves.

I'm sick of all this. I spend my whole life caring. I'm always, "the mom", wanting to make sure everyone is okay, and everyone is having a good time. I wish more people just had that naturally.


1 comment:

  1. Less and less people are like that. And more and more fall into the self-centered pov. It's lame. Not that I've never done that--I am sure I have before--but I certainly always end up being the one listening and helping as opposed to receiving help...seriously though, if you ever need to talk or vent, you can call me...I won't flip it around onto myself, we can just talk Cute Amber :-)

    ReplyDelete