Sunday, December 6, 2009

"Cleaning"

I'm trying to clean away some old pieces of me. I deleted my old facebook page. I was obsessed. I would stay on for hours at a time just to see what people's status updates where. People that I didn't even care about, or really know that well. A very random mutual acquaintance you met one time at a party is suddenly your friend on facebook, and now, every status update is part of your life. It seems like this is the new way of life. And I am just sick of it.

I'm starting to clean away my old slate. And start to get more into the realness of life. Away from the cyber space of it all. If people are really my friends they don't need to contact me via the internet. They can contact me in person. Simple enough.

I'm done with all this drama on facebook. People trying to make random statements with their status'. Trying to look cool by what they say. Bragging about how drunk they are by posting 10million drunk pictures for the world to see. I'm done with it all. I don't need to see another "photography" album from a random 17 year old who is now suddenly a photographer. I don't want people to back talk me any more via wall posts. I don't "like" status' and you don't "like" mine. Simple enough.

Facebook is just done. I'm sick of it. So I'm cleaning the slate, the best I know how. I can not delete facebook all together, because honestly, it is a great way to find people you have lost contact with, but I can delete how I used to use it. I deleted my old facebook, all it's pictures, all the comments, all the EVERYTHING and started a new one. I'm only going to be accepting friends I want to keep. And will not be tagging anyone in pictures (or myself). No one needs to be on the internet 10million times, and frankly no on cares that much.

I'm done with facebook drama. Done!

I'm cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. Yes....that is a good plan! I generally go through my facebook friends weekly and try to delete a few, because frankly I could care less about half of them. Honestly. I'm glad you added me to your new one and don't think I'm a lame facebooker...and that you hopefully don't think that I am one of those lame "photographers"...lol...that bugs me too...cause I see people doing "photography" and it's crap...I know mine's not great, but I think it has potential...do tell me if I'm wrong! Love you girlie!

    ReplyDelete