Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blue Christmas

My mom always told me that sometimes people just get sad around christmas time. I never understood what she was talking about. I always though she was crazy, and never really took much truth to what she was saying. But as I have gotten older, I have realized this to be true. Christmas just isn't that happy holiday it used to be when you were in gradeschool. There isn't a different craft everyday, and the endless christmas music and movies. There is so much more.

Now, there is the presents, and the family parties, and having to it all in a timely manner without going broke or going crazy. All with a giant smile on your face and love in your heart. It's so stressful.

But, for some reason, all the normal stress hasn't gotten to me. And I still have this saddness in my heart. I sit here with a heavy heart and sadness on my face, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I just feel like crying, I guess this is my "blue christmas"

I'm still in this mood where I don't want to be around anyone for long, because they just annoy me. I don't want to read facebook status' because I just roll my eyes. I never want to read a text, because it's probably someone texting to be annoying. I'm happy being a hermit, but I'm sad being alone. It's a sad conundrum that has been worrying me lately. All I want to do is be alone, but I feel lonely. It's a bitter circle.



2 comments:

  1. Oh :-( Sorry Amber...hopefully me commenting isn't annoying! I never enjoy Christmas as much as I used to either. It's sad. It actually hardly seems like Christmas at all right now. I know what you mean about reading facebook status' though...people actually piss me off so bad by theirs that sometimes I feel like deleted them off facebook, haha...brutal. If I ever annoy you...do tell me! I'd like to not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Sandy, I always enjoy reading your comments! They are always the right thing to say, and make me sound completely normal, because you feel the same way!!!

    Another thing my mom told me is that it really doesn't feel like christmas until you spend it with "little ones". Because you see the magic in their eyes, and it makes you remember it again. So, just think of next year sandy...you will have a little one running around the house!!!!

    ReplyDelete