Tuesday, March 23, 2010

15 Things About Myself

1. I'm a Unitarian Universialist. It is a branch of christianity. But, it's the only branch that I agree with every aspect. So, if you ask me what religion I am I will say, "Unitarian Universalist"...and not christian.

2. I don't go to church because I have never found one that doesn't make me confused and/or angry. But I'm not opposed to going to church...if I ever found one I actually enjoy. Is there really a point to going to church if you don't enjoy going?

3. I hate it when people say the word 'retard' in a derogatory sense. It offends me on a deep level. But even though it offends me, I will never let it on that I don't like that word...because I don't want to offend you. How's that for a double edge sword?

4. I randomly look at PETA.com, and cry. I wish I could be strong enough to be a vegan, because animal abuse makes me so sad.

5. I get angry when people call in sick to work for stupid reasons: like a cold, or a soar throat without a fever. Even if it doesn't directly effect me I get really angry. And I don't know why it effects me so much? I guess I just don't like big babies.

6. If I sound super disrespectful about death, I apologize. I have gone through so much death in my life, that I am way to relaxed about it. Yes, when someone dies it is sad, but I know from experience you have to always look for the light in any situation. Unfortunately since I have dealt with this situation already so much in my life it has made me to relaxed and almost a little disrespectful towards death.

7. Debbie Downers, and Negative Nancys are not my friends. If you want to look at the dark side of life, you can go and be dark in your own little room by yourself. What are you waiting for? No one will miss you. ; )

8. I really enjoy being all by myself for long periods of time. I used to go to bed at like 8 at night growing up, and stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning just hanging out with myself: painting, taking pictures, listening to music, or just sitting there thinking all alone in the quiet. I loved it!

9. I'm really never going to be much of a drinker. I have grown up with alcoholics in my family, and the last thing I want for my future family is for me to be the alcoholic. I'm worried if I start drinking now, I'm going to end up being an alcoholic in the future.

10. I think I grew up too fast. Actually, I know I grew up too fast. When you go through as many traumatic experiences as I did as a child, it really makes you grow up a lot faster then others.

11. My parents hate eachother, they aren't even on speaking terms anymore. And that makes me really sad. I think about it a lot more often then you would assume. I'm worried that they are going to create a sceane at every big event in my life (wedding, baby, etc.). And it makes me very sad that two people who could have had 3 kids together and been so much in love at one point can no longer stand eachother. I'm worried for my future. I never want to put my children through a divorce.

12. I think every single person I know is a bad driver. I rarely feel safe in a car unless I am driving. There are a select few I feel safe with...but the rest...I'm terrified of for some reason. It's really nothing against you...I just have a weird thing about driving.

13. All I want to be when I grow up is a wife and a mother. I know it sounds so "old world", but for some reason, I feel it in my bones that that is just what I have to do. The more I work with children the more I feel I will be a good mommy.

14. I want to adopt several children in my future, and be a foster parent. I think there is no better gift in life then being role model for a child.

15. I fear that I will be obese when I get older. I love food and being lazy too much. I need to find a way to get myself motivated!

1 comment:

  1. i completely agree with #5! biggest pet peeve EVER!!

    ReplyDelete