Monday, May 10, 2010

Reoccurring Character

About 3 years ago I started having dreams here and there with the same character. It is not in every dream I have, but rather, in my dreams every couple of months. Whenever I am holding what I know to be, "My baby" in a dream, it is always the exact same baby. When I wake up, I still can see what that baby looks like, the face is so clear.

When I was little I had a younger brother that passed away. He was only 5 days old when he was gone. This baby--my baby--looks like him. My baby is always a little boy that looks like my younger brother but darker. He has tanner baby skin, and very light (almost greenish) eyes. He is absolutely breathtaking. And it's funny, because it seems like it could be mine. My younger brother and I looked a lot alike as babies. If I do end up getting married and having babies with Josh, that would explain the darker skin as well as the lighter eyes.

This baby has only been appearing in my dreams for the last three years (starting a little over a year since Josh and I started dating). I wonder if in some way, this may be a premonition of the future. What if this is what my child actually looks like? What if when I do have a baby, that is him, and I can already see him in my dreams? I hope so. In my dreams, and when I wake up I love him so much. I can still sense him (and the love for him) when I wake up. It's as if I already have a child to live for, because I can see what is meant to be.

I guess only time can tell if this is a premonition or not.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is beautiful, Amber! Wow! I hope you get that baby someday...and not too far away in the future :-)

    ReplyDelete