Thursday, May 27, 2010

Judgemental

I have met more judgmental people in the past several months then I have in my entire life. The rest of my life I have been lucky to be able to surround myself with easy going, laid back friends that are optimistic and happy. However, in the last several months things have changed, and unfortunately I have met more judgmental negative people then I have in my entire life. Meeting all these people give off a negative energy that I seem to feed on, and it is really starting to get to me.

Throughout my life I have been given home-made gifts from many different people saying, "Most Optimistic", "Most Easy-Going", "Happiest to be Around", etc. And I have been lucky to surround myself with people who are very similar to me. People that enjoy life, and enjoy living in life. People that try to find the joy in everything, and keep a smile on their face. I hang around people that wear fat suits into town, and draw mustaches on their face. My friends make funny dinosaur noises in public and wear obnoxious clothing. I have friends from every religion, and almost every ethnicity. I have friends from many different sexual backgrounds, and family backgrounds. And guess what, I love them all.

Being around judgmental people exhaust me. It physically drains me. Not because I'm offended, or my feelings are hurt, I have just never dealt with that before. I didn't even know it really existed I suppose. I mean, I knew what the word meant, and it had to come from somewhere I suppose, but I didn't really think there were people out there that I would describe as "judgmental".

I suppose there always had to be right, otherwise why would there be wars? If everyone was happy and agreed on everything, there would be nothing to fight about and wars wouldn't exist. But if everyone agreed, then everyone would be the same and wouldn't that be boring. So, I suppose it takes all sort of people to make the world go round, right?

1 comment:

  1. These judgmental people make you appreciate the optimistic ones like yourself better. I guess that's another reason for them huh?

    ReplyDelete