Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Do I Wedding Bells?...


...yes...but they aren't mine. I'm at that point in my life where everyone is getting married and having babies...and I'm just here. That is fine, I have a great relationship, a great job, a great dog, a great house, and I love my life...but when weddings are all around you, you can't help but think about yours.

I look forward too, and plan mine, all the time. That doesn't mean I necessarily want to get married right now, but it is something I think about often. I guess...I'm just a girl. It's normal to think about about these things. I can't talk to Josh about these things because...he's afraid to grow up...so obviously he's a little afraid of getting married. Ha! The life of someone dating Peter Pan I suppose.

But, since I can't talk about my future wedding, I might as well post about it on a place that Josh will never read....MY BLOG! I just have to get it out of my system somewhere...and here is the perfect place...so for your benefit:

My Future Wedding to My Future husband that I may or may not know at this point because you never know how life takes you (long title?...I'll work on that)

Colors: Purple and Orange (or sunset colors: purple, orange, with accent colors of red, pink, yellow and gold)


I just love how they look together. So vibrant and happy, and so different. Not many people dream of their wedding being ten thousand different colors....but I do!

Bridesmaids dresses:



I know I want them to be a gold or a yellow color with a bright orange, purple, pink, red, and yellow bouquet. The style I want has to have large straps (like the above or perhaps a halter) because so far all three of the bridesmaids I would have have large boobs, and I want them to be able to wear a bra. No saggy boobies at my wedding. I want them perky and ready to play. I do want a short dress, because I want a spring/summer wedding.

Ha, I've even picked my ring and my dress:












And really, that is about all I have planned so far. I know I want bar food and karaoke. I want to walk down the aisle to the song "Because" by the beatles, and I want to learn a "first dance" so we don't just sway back and forth. I want there to be wine and beer...but just a little, as to not have drunks at the wedding. But most of all, I want to have fun, and I want everyone that leaves to realize they just attended the most fun wedding they will ever attend in their life...what a way to start a marriage eh?

On that note, right now I'm on the fence about being married. On one hand, it would be awesome, because I have found the person I know I want to spend the rest of my life with and I truly know he is the one. I love him more then anything. We live together, and basically are married already. So why wait? But on the other hand, what is the rush? I know I don't want to have babies for a few more years, and there is no way I can afford to buy a house, neither of us have money saved up or steady jobs...so really, there is no rush.

I don't think marriage should be a rushed decision. Marriage is one of (if not the biggest) decisions of your life, and shouldn't be rushed into. I do want to wait until I am financially stable, and am ready to start other chapters of my life (buying a house, having kids, etc.), but until then...it's still fun to do a little wedding planning ; )

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the colors you've chosen! That is gorgeous! I would have loved a May wedding, but things didn't work out that way, instead we had a blizzard and no reception and barely got married in time before the snow hit, lol. I also love your dress chose! So elegant! You have wonderful taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! I love the colour scheme, it's soooo bright and happy! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete