Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pants from High School: Almost There!


Warning: Slight nudity in this post, but you've seen less of me in a bathing suit, so suck it up! Ha!

I am not obsessed with losing weight, but I am very persistent on being healthy. Since I had a "sit-down" job for over a year, I gained a lot of weight. My goal now is to just fit into my pants I used to wear in high school. I have researched a lot on how to lose weight in a correct way, without harming my body in any way. My diet consists of eating healthy (low carbs, lots of veggies, fruits, and lots of protien. Very little sugars, and artificial flavors), and I exercise about 4 days a week for an hour. I'm not losing weight fast, but I am losing weight right. And now I am really starting
to notice a change.

The first thing I noticed is my stamina is starting to improve (get your minds out of the gutter people!). I was in Fred Meyers the other day, and forgot to get something from the back of the grocery store while I was in line. I had my sister wait in line as I ran back. I ran all the way to the back, and back up, and I didn't even start breathing heavy or break a sweat! It was amazing. In the past, a small run like that I would have almost collapsed. I was not fit at all. But now, I can run for about a half an hour and feel nothing. It's amazing!

The next thing I noticed is the fact that my pants are starting to fit very loose! I have already posted a picture of the changes in pants size, but now it seems like I'm going to have more pants sizes to add to the picture.

I was feeling really comfident today, so I decided to try on my jeans from high school (the size 3/4's), and was very surprised with the results:


I am ALMOST there. I can button them (with a severe case of "muffin top"), but I only have a few more inches until it will be no problem buttoning them. At my peak weight I couldn't even get them past my thighs!!! As you can see, I do have a little ways to go before I have my flat belly back, but I am no longer embarrassed to post a picture of my stomach on a blog, so that is a good sign!

I am so excited because I have been a little in the dumps because I am not losing weight, but now I think I am just gaining muscle instead.

It wont be too much longer until you will see pictures of me in a bikini....I know you are all waiting for the day!!! Ha....don't get too excited fellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment