Monday, October 5, 2009

Me Time

I'm so grateful that next week I have several days off. What am I doing with the time off you ask?: absolutely nothing! And that is what I am thankful for. Since I have moved out to the barracks, I haven't had time to just be by myself--something I held so dearly before moving out. I used to sit alone for hours in my room, just drawing, cleaning, and organizing. I would sit for hours just writing and being myself. But, now that I live with 2 other people, I never have time to just sit and be me.

The problem is I actually enjoy living with who I am living with, so I always want to "hang out" with them. I never really am upset that I don't have "me time", but now that I know I'm going to have "me time" I couldn't be happier! I am now realizing how much I miss it.

Me Time is very important I feel. It's time that you take just to express what YOU want, what YOU feel, and no one can judge you except yourself. It's a wonderful time you can have just to think to yourself, and free your mind. I miss this dearly. Every night, after family time, I would go to my room and be by myself until 1 or 2 in the morning, because I just enjoyed hanging by myself too much to go to sleep. It was always my favorite part of the night. And now, I don't have that. I don't have that guaranteed several hours to be by myself, I actually have to schedule it out. I have to write it down on the calender: me time. It's just gotten a little more difficult--not impossible--but difficult.

I'm so excited for "me time". I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment