Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Miss Food

I wish I could just eat whatever I wanted, and never gain weight! I miss all the yummy food I used to eat, and am currently trying to come up with healthy alternatives. Last night I really wanted pizza--my usual indulgence--so instead of going to Pizza Hut, I made my own. I took those new orowheat 100 calorie buns, toasted them and added a bit of no-salt added tomato sauce topped it with about a tablespoon of cheese, and 2 pepperonis. I then paired it with a side salad...and Bone Apatite! It was pretty delicious if I don't say so myself! I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with a healthy alternative to one of my favorite meals!

It's so difficult to come up with healthy alternatives, but in a way, I'm having a little fun trying to be creative! I know it will all be worth it in the end!

This book is really helping me:


Not Every thing in it I whole hearting agree with (is that true for any diet book?), but there is a great section about portions. Portions is something I needed a lot of help with. I have several pages papercliped, that way I can just turn to it, and get the exact portion of something I need so I can make my own recipes!





One thing that I knew in the back of my mind (but would never really admit it): sandwiches aren't the greatest thing for you. Sandwiches are my absolutely most favorite, kick me in the groin, most awesome food ever! I could have a sandwich every day, 3 meals a day, for the rest of my life and die with a giant smile on my face. But, that much bread really isn't great, especially when you are insulin resistant like me! The book suggests having open face sandwiches, but really, what is the point of that? So, I have found myself an alternative: the new Orowheat 100 calorie Whole Wheat sandwich Thins! :



They are absolutely amazing as a substitute for most things delicious!: buns for garden burgers, pizza crusts, and SANDWICHES! They are about the same as having one slice of bread, so perfect for the "open faced sandwich" suggestion, without actually having to eat your sandwich with a fork. I am in love with these baby's!

No comments:

Post a Comment