Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Crash, but not burn

Sometimes, you can put your best foot forward, wearing it's fanciest golden shoe, and things will still come to crush it. Your steel proof foot can still get beaten to a pulp. And you know what, that's okay. I really try to stay positive in every situation, but some days I find it more difficult then others.

Today has just been one of those days where the sun is always half shrouded. No matter what, it just can't be bright enough. I can get a million compliments and still feel only one inch tall. I need someone to build my self esteem, because no matter what anyone tells you, it is impossible to build it on your own.

I am emotionally, and physically drained. I am constantly looking over other people, building their self esteem, making sure they are okay. When is it my turn? When is someone going to tell me that I am awesome, and beautiful, and worthy? I suppose I do have some people that tell me, but the stability of those compliments is questionable. I can't question my reassuring comments. I need them to be stable.

I need stability so I don't crash. But I suppose all of life is just one big crash, and the best you can hope for is to not burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment