Monday, July 18, 2011

The Motivation Proclimation


I never can seem to find enough motivation to excersise. I think about it all the time. I'm unhappy with how I have slowing been starting to "let myself go" again, and I know I have to do something about it...but man...sitting on my lazy ass is just so tempting! And now that I have internet again (after 6 months of not having internet!), there is nothing I want more then to just sit on my butt watching documentary films and eating fruit snacks. I'm trying everything to get myself a little more excersise then now. So here are some ideas I am trying:
  • walking to work (it only takes me 20 mins, so really, why not?)
  • walking to go buy groceries (again, it only takes about 10 mins...so really...what is stopping me, besides my own lazy ass?)
  • going for at least a 20 min long walk EVERY DAY! I really need to start with doing this EVERY DAY in order for me to actually DO IT!
I need to come up with a new rutine to get me going. I need someone to just come over to my house and light a match under my ass and lock me out of my house so I actually get going!

My first form of motivation comes in IPod form:

I love reading, and I absolutly LOVE "The Hunger Games" trilogy...so, I got the book downloaded onto my IPod...thanks to my dear friend Stephanie! It is so much more motivating then music, because I actually care about listing to a full chapter! When I listen to music, I don't care if I don't finish the song, but with the book, I really need to finish the end of the chapter. So rather then quitting early, I find that I don't want to stop. I have told myself I can only listen to the book when I am exciersising...and so far that has seemed to help.

Right now, my first step to improving my health is just gettin the motivation to excersise. Once I get that down...then I will really starting working on the whole not eating like John Goodman in an all-you-can-eat buffet thing. One step at a time guys...one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment