Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I can make a fool out of myself just fine...



It's pictures like this that make me wonder why I drink at all? Back in highschool, when I used to sneak alcohol, it used to be fun to drink a little too much. I think the whole danger of knowing you were doing something wrong, and you might get caught, made it more exciting. I remember one time when some friends and I drank a little capfull of each different type of alcohol in our parents liquor cabinet just so we could get tipsy. It was all about doing something stupid. It was about the adventure: who's going to buy us alcohol? Where will we drink it? How can we do this without getting caught? And now...the fun is gone.

I am finding that now-a-days when I am purposely "Drinking To Get Drunk" I don't have any fun at all anymore. I black out too fast, do something stupid, don't remember anything, then wake up the next day with an awful hangover, and am basically useless for the whole next day. It absolutely sucks. It is no fun at all, and pretty much pointless. Basically, I am starting to find that I am PAYING to make a fool out of myself and get myself sick. So, really, it is pretty much pointless to "Drink To Get Drunk".

Honestly, I find that I can make a fool out of myself just fine on my own. No alcohol needed.

I think I really must be growing up in that way. All my friends and I would argue when we would go out to the bars, who would be the Designated Driver, but now I purposely volunteer. I find that I have way more fun being sober then drunk....at all times!

Of course I still like the occasional wine or beer, and even the mixed drink here and there. But really...I like them for the taste. I love the savor the flavor, and not just let it go to my head. So, as a wrap up, I leave you with my favorite "Drunk Picture" in memory of my glory days of being drunk, because personally...I don't want to be drunk, ever again. It's pointless. So here you all, relish the moment:



No comments:

Post a Comment