Sunday, July 17, 2011

Founder of the "Old Maids" Society

You know how in middle school people will date for about a week or so, then break up? Kids would burn through several relationships in a period of a month, and every other kid just thought that was normal and move on. Well, fast forward about 10 years...it doesn't seem so normal now does it?

Growing up, I never went through that fad. I never dated anyone until I was a junior in highschool. I didn't really care either. I figured I would just wait to date someone until I found a person I actually WANTED to date, and not just date someone because they asked me. So, my junior year of highschool, I found someone that I thought was perfect. We ended up dating for over 5 years before it ended. And now, I am completely screwed.

I feel like I am starting over with this whole "dating thing", because I never actually experienced it before. I never went to middle school, and I never dated before having my relationship. Most people figure out their "dating behavior" when they are in middle school/high school, but I have to figure it out now, when I am in my twenties. When you are in your twenties, most people assume that you have the whole dating thing down, so I feel like people don't understand my confusion now.

I am a middle-schooler, dating 20 year olds. Imagine how innapropriate that would be? That is why it is a perfect metaphor for my situation. I don't know what I am doing. I am just figuring out my dating style, like every middle-schooler does, by having my one-week long crushes. But now, in my twenties, it's not working. All that is happening is that I keep hurting people, and making everything worse.

It turns out, this whole "dating" thing, really isn't all it is cracked up to me. I'd rather just be single forever then hurt anyone else. I'm thinking of founding my own "Old Maids" society, and just be done with dating. Because honestly, this is just rediculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment