Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Last Night

I woke up last night, thinking you were beside me. I reached over to you and realized you weren't there. I jumped up, worried, and thought you skidded off the road in the ice. I looked outside and saw your car and realized, "Oh". You aren't going to be beside me in my bed anymore. I'm going to be sleeping alone.

I should be angry that after five years you didn't want to try anymore. I should be pissed, that you "gave up". But I'm not. I can't be mad at you, because I still love you more then anything. And I wish I didn't.

I still feel like when I come home, you will be here. I still want to call you on my lunch, and rush home to see you after work. And, although I should be angry at you, if you were here tomorrow saying you made a mistake and wanted to work things out, I would say yes.

But you aren't. You aren't comming back. And I need to try to find a way to move on.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear :( Hang in there girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,

    I'm sitting here bawling like a baby.

    I've already said so much of this to you, but I'll say it again. I love you and I support you. I know, no...to be honest I have NO idea how this feels.

    You know I've been heartbroken before. But I know what you're going through is vastly different. I talked to my mom about your situation because I needed someone to tell me how to support you best. I want to make the pain go away, but I know I can't. My mom told me to tell you she loves you, and that the beginning of moving on is the hardest. Once you start the process, and say the words, it'll start getting better.

    Brian and I are 100% here for you. Anything you need that we can possibly provide, just ask. Don't hesitate.

    Also...for whatever the hell it's worth, Brian went through very much the same thing with his ex and he got through it.

    I do, honestly, hope you and Josh someday find each other again, because I love you BOTH.

    But ultimately, both people have to be happy.

    And YOU, love, deserve it more than anyone I know.

    I've got your back.

    ReplyDelete