Monday, June 14, 2010

Tattoo

From This:

To This:



From design to tattoo! I have finally got my first tattoo. I am absolutely in love with it. I never want to wear shoes just so I can sit there and stair at it all day long.

The tattoo is the Celtic sign for "sisterhood". Ivy and I have been wanting to get a tattoo together for a long time, and now we have one. We knew we didn't want words, we wanted some sort of symbol, so we researched and researched what would be the best. Now we have exactly what we want. I am absolutely in love with the design. I'm so happy.

People have so many opinions about tattoos, and now that I have one, I get to hear all the opinions. When I showed my family, they all thought it was awesome. There wasn't one negative response. Some of my family members were jealous, and wish they had one too *cough* grandma *cough*, and others were just in love with the idea that Ivy and I feel close enough to get matching tattoos. It was a positive reaction from my family. But from others I have gotten some negative reactions, "Aren't you going to hate it when your older?", "Wont your tastes change?", "What happens when your skin is all sagging? Will you be happy with it then?". Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I have got answers for you.

Q: Aren't you going to hate it when you're older?
A: You can ask that about just about everything can't you? Am I going to like my job? Am I going to like the house I buy? Am I still going to like the fact I never went to college? Etc. Etc. Etc. The point of the tattoo isn't necessarily to have something I'm going to like when I'm older, but rather, to remember who I am now. I can look back at my tattoo and remember what kind of person I was when I was 22, and how fun this part of my life was like.

Q: Wont your tastes change?
A: Possibly. That's why I will never get a tattoo in a place that isn't easy to cover up. But really, as afore mentioned....it's not really about the look, it's more about the memory.

Q: What happens when your skin is all saggy? Will you be happy with it then?
A: If my skin is sagging, I don't think I'm going to feel attractive enough anyways to wear clothes to show off a tattoo I might have. So really, what does it matter? When your skin is sagging, old, full of sun spots, and gross...is a tattoo really going to make your body look worse? No, not really.

I absolutely love my tattoo. I don't regret my decision. But, I don't think tattoos are for everyone. I love it on me, and that is all that really matters.





No comments:

Post a Comment