Thursday, June 17, 2010

Detox: Day Two


Well, yesterday was day two of my detox. After a full day of the detox I am already starting to feel better. I'm not as hungry between meals, and I physically feel better! I have more energy, and I am so much more happy! I feel so much better eating healthy.
Several people have been asking where I found this detox and where I am finding the recipeis. There is this awesome website called: wholeliving.com. It's amazing. It has all these great ideas about eating healthy. One day, looking on this website I found this DETOX (click on the link to go to the page). It's amazing so far. I love it because there is actual FOOD to eat, and not just a weird lemon/maple syrup drink. I love food too much to fast. As far as the recipies for this diet, I am making them up myself!!! I'm pretty dang proud of myself. This diet gives me so many more oppurtunities to think of healthy ways to cook food. I think if I get anything out of this detox, that will be the thing I take away: knowing how to cook healthy.

As far as the detox today: Today was my last day of cheese, eggs, and milk. So I made the most of it with my menu choices for the day.

Day Two Menu:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with 1tbls Honey and splash of milk
Lunch: Salad with fresh veggies and seseme oil dressing
Dinner (Pictured): Stuffed zuccini (with cheese and sour cream! this was my last day I could eat dairy, so I might as well go out with a bang!)
Snacks: Sunflower seeds, Apple, and Bananna

Since People have been asking for recepies, Here is the recepie for the Stuffed Zuccini:

Serving Size: 2
Cook Time: 30 mins

2 zuccinis about the same size
1 can pinto beans
1/2 onion
1 tomato
1 tbls Cilantro
1/2 cup cheese
2 eggs

Set the oven to 375. Cut the zuccinis length wise, in half. Scoop out the seeds, and save the insides for later. Place halfs in greesed cookie sheet. In another bowl mix seeds, and all ingredients. Fill zuccinis with filling, sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 mins in oven, or until golden brown. Best served with with a dollop of sour cream on top! Yum!

Josh doesn't even like zuccinis, and he LOVED it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment