Thursday, August 13, 2009

Meloncholic Thursdays

It's the melancholic days like today that always get me to thinking.
I always want the next phase in my life to begin, and I am always striving to go forward. Why can I never be happy with the present? But really, should you be? If you aren't striving to move forward wont you always be in the same place?
It's not that I am not enjoying my life now, I am just so excited for the next phase to start. I have a year to wait to get it underway. But, a year is a long time.
All I can think about is going back to school. I want to go back to school for Early Childhood Development. Right now I think I am just going to get the Early Childhood Development degree from Whatcom Community College. I know it's not high living, but does it really matter if that is what I dream of doing? I want to be a pre-school teacher. I want to work with children. I want to get paid to be goofy, color, and have fun all day. I honestly don't care if I will be making minimum wage the rest of my life, it's more important to be happy.
I want to own my own daycare. I want to own my own business. I want to set my own hours, and work when I want too.
Most of all, I just want to enjoy working. I want to actually enjoy what I do, and not just work for money. Money's great, but being happy is better.
I love WECU, I love what I do. I love being able to help people, and know the answers. But, this is not me. I love being goofy. I love kids. I love art. This is none of them.
I can't wait to start the new phase in my life. I can't wait to go back to school. I look at the school schedules all the time and dream of when I am actually learning something fun again! I want to have the crazy wacky school schedule, I miss it. I never thought I would, but I miss it.
I can't wait to travel to Europe like I plan in the next year. I want to go visit all those countries, and explore new things. I want to see my "Germans" again. I want to get out of Bellingham.
I can't wait for Josh to graduate school and take up traveling nursing! I can't wait to travel around with him, and see the country!
I can wait to graduate school, get married, have babies, be a preschool teacher, and live happily ever after.
Yes, I always have my life planned out. But, I always change my plans ; ) These are my plans for now. My ever changing plans for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment