Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bigger Really Is Beautiful




I was on the tread mill this morning (the normal routine), just running away. I had the t.v turned to VH1, as per usual, to watch the music videos as I worked out. A video for a new artist named "Adele" turned on. There was a silhouette of a very beautiful woman. Her body was entrancing, and I instantly became mesmerized by it's form.


Adele is an absolutely beautiful woman, with a beautiful voice. But, by no means is she slender. She has a very full form. She has a full bodied voice, and a full bodied form. It was absolutely mesmerizing.

It was so beautiful how she is so confident in the skin she is in, not matter what form she is. She exudes confidence, and that is attractive enough.

It's so sad how many women (and men) hate the skin they are in. And it is absolutely depressing how people portray "skinny" and "Slim" as beautiful. Wouldn't it be better to just want to be healthy?


I find it Ironic how I came up with the conclusion that "healthy woman" are beautiful, as I was on the treadmill trying to lose weight. But, that's just the thing. I am not in fact "trying to lose weight", I just want to be healthy. I do not have the body type that can be larger, I have to be skinner because of my insulin resistance. Some woman can be healthy and larger, others can't.

I am not striving to be skinny. I am striving to be healthy. I am not striving to lose weight. I am striving to feel healthy again. I do need to lose weight in order to fit into the body that god has given me. But, not everyone has too. Some women (and men) were built with larger frames. Some with smaller frames. Adele has a larger frame, and is absolutely beautiful. I think the real thing to strive for is to be healthy. Not to strive for a certain weight. And not to strive for a certain look. But rather, strive for how god made your body.

We were all raised with the fact that "we are all made different", but little hold true to that for weight loss.

I will leave you now, with a few comparisons for thought:


This:




Or This:



Reflection or Actuality?:



No comments:

Post a Comment