Thursday, October 7, 2010

Britney

Britney Spears says it best, "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman".

That is exactly how I feel right now. I am in that typical "twenty something" stage, where everything just seems like I am doing something wrong. Nothing feels right, and I can't figure out what is. I have no idea who I am, and who I want to be.

Of course, I love how my life is going. I love my job, my boyfriend, my dog, my life. But, something still feels wrong about this whole thing. There is something wrong, with me. I'm holding something back, but I don't know what. I haven't quite discovered who I am, and who I want to be yet.

I don't even know my own personality. Am I the wierd "hardcore, mega, bitch, extreme"? Or am I the sweet, young, daycare worker that loves children and loves art. Do I like to go out clubbing? Or would I rather stay at home and draw? Am I a loner? Do I like being around people? Honestly, you would assume these would be things I could figure out myself, but really, I don't know. I am just in this strange inbetween stage. This stage where I still love to go out and hang with my friends, but I am starting to realize I like other things more. A stage where I always want to be around my friends, but realize "me time" is wonderful. I'm in a stage where I am just stuck.

"I'm not a girl, not yet a woman", oh Britney, there must be a little something in that shaved head of yours, because your words speak to me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment