Thursday, July 29, 2010

Work: Found My Place

The other day I realized that for the first time in my life, I am not looking for a job. For the first time, I am completley satisfied where I am.

Since the time I was 14, I was looking for a job. Looking, Interviewing, Getting the Job...and yet...still looking. Everytime I have gotten a job, I have looked for something better. A job I would enjoy more, or one that would give me benefits or higher pay. I have always been looking. I would come home and search craigslist, monsters.com, the newspaper, everything, to try and find a new job. But, I just realized...I haven't used those sites, in a long time.

For the first time, I feel like I am working somewhere I can work for a long time. I am not always LONGING for a new job. I am not feeling "burnt out". I'm excited to go to work. It is such a great feeling.

Of course there are problems. The kids will be hell, my coworkers will be cranky or in bad moods, or I will be in a bad mood. Everyone has those days. But, for the most part I enjoy my job. I enjoy working with kids. My co-workers are great. I love my job. For the first time in my life I actually feel like I am working towards a good goal, and the correct one. I feel like I have found my place. I know where I am supposed to be. I love early childhood education. It is my dream.

I have finally found my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment