Monday, July 5, 2010

Update: Life

So, I have gotten pretty bad at this whole "blogging" thing lately. I've noticed the happier I am in life, the less likely I am to write about it. I've always been like that. Strangely enough. My insperation comes from pain I suppose.

When I was little I used to keep a journal. I was in a deep depression after my brother got into an accident, and the journals are full of dark, disturbing, thoughts. I can't even bare to look at them anymore. But I wrote everyday. I drew pictures everyday. I wrote stories. But they came from somewhere dark and twisted. I kept a journal until a few years ago. Then I just stopped. My last journal entry ends with something like, "Gosh, I wish Josh would just ask me out"...ha! It's funny looking back at that one now.

I haven't kept a journal since. Just these little random updates on my blog. I really should start keeping it, but I can never seem to get inspiration...kinda like this blog.

So, rather then find inspiration to write, I guess I'll just give you little update on my life.

Europe: I leave for Europe in exactly a month! I'm so excited, but I'm starting to get a little nervous. I have booked all my hostels, booked all my flights, and know exactly where I am staying. It's amazing. : ) I'm getting more and more excited everyday. I keep looking at travel blogs, and travel sites to get more ideas of what I want to do when I'm there, and that just makes me even more excited.

Work: I'm loving my job more and more each day. I love the age group I work with (one year olds), and I have so much fun. Starting when I get back from Europe they are thinking of moving me to the two year old room for a bit, and I am definatly going to have fun in that classroom too! The more I work here, the more I know this is what I want to do with the rest of my life. I love working in a pre-school. It's so relieving to finally know what I want to do with my life. I love children. I love working with children. I finally love my job.

Food/Diet: I'm trying lots of new things with food. After doing that detox, I've slowly been teaching myself different ways to cook healthier and eat healthier, and I actually like it! I've found that I prefer rice vinager on my salads, and I enjoy cooking with olive oil instead of butter. I like cooking healthier, and I feel better eating healthier! Ever since the detox I have been really curious of differnt ways of eating as well, so I have started to cook vegan meals for fun. I still haven't mastered one...I think I like my dairy and meat more. But it's fun to try new things.

I love where I am in life right now. And now more then ever, I'm excited to live it. I'm excited to see what comes next, and where life takes me.

1 comment:

  1. I love you. I think most of us write in our journals when things are bad and not good. Lol, since Linc was born I try to write every day about him. But if you look at my h.s. journals it's basically like this: "I rreally like so-and-so, I wish he would ask me out. Why don't guys like me. So-and-so was such a jerk today. I hate girls." Haha...so girl drama and boy drama that's all...or really depressing stuff haha.

    ReplyDelete