Sunday, July 25, 2010

Euro Trip

I'm leaving for my trip to Europe so soon. I'll be gone for a month with my sister, traveling in Germany, Scotland, and Ireland. I'm meeting my best friends Jenny and Lisbeth in Hamburg (thier place of residence), and then we are traveling around. I am so excited, but I'm also starting to get a bit nervous. I'm going to a foreign country, with just my backpack. That's it. I'm going to fit everything I need into one carry on, and go. It's going to be so exciting...and nerveracking. All at the same time. I still don't know what the correct emotion is yet.

Here is my rough Itinerary:

8/4 – Leave Seattle at 6:40 p.m (18:45)
8/5 – Arrive Hamburg 5:50 p.m (17:50)
8/23 – Ivy’s Birthday
8/24 – Leave Hamburg 10:50 p.m (22:50)
Arrive Edinburgh 11:25 p.m (23:25)
8/28 – Leave Edinburgh 12:35 a.m
Arrive Dublin 1:40 p.m (13:40)
9/1 –- Leave Dublin 6:30 a.m
Arrive Manchester 7:30 a.m
Leave Manchester 10 a.m
Arrive London (Heathrow) 11:05 a.m
Leave London (Heathrow) 3:10 p.m (15:10)
Arrive Seattle 4:45 p.m (16:45)

Gosh, seeing it all typed out only makes me more...I still don't know the emotion.

I'm so excited to spend time with my Germans! I haven't seen them in so long. I'm so excited to go to foriegn countries where we are both the foreigner...and not just one or the other. I'm excited to get out of the U.S for a while and experience a different colture. I'm so excited for the experience and the adventures. I love living life.

This trip is my gift to myself. I've saved up for 2 years for this...and I plan on using every penny. I'm draining out my savings for this trip. And guess what...I know it isn't the responsible thing to do, and I should be saving some for my return and for the future, but heck! If I can't be irresponsible now when it will only effect me, when can I? This is the time of my life where I am supposed to make the crazy mistakes and have a lot of fun. This is when I am supposed to go to Europe with just my backpack and come back broke. It's my gift to myself. And I plan on enjoying every minute.

I'll try to keep everyone updated as much as possible, but I might be having too much fun. So, if I don't talk to you...

Bon Voyage ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment