Saturday, March 16, 2013

When I was getting ready in the locker room at the gym yesterday I overhead a conversation between two slightly overweight women,"Oh, I don't think I'm going to work out today because my pants are a little loose", the other one responds, "Well, if you aren't going to work out then neither am I". They both started laughing, and talking about other things, but then left and didn't work out. This is not the first time I've seen them there, and not working out. Everyday there is a new excuse why they shouldn't, and that they will soon. I always over hear the conversation, and it just makes me feel sad.

Whenever I am at the gym I never look at someone overweight and think, "Gross". I always think, "Good for them!"...or I don't even notice them at all because I am busy working out. It makes me feel sad that people have such low self-confidence that they refuse to even try and better themselves for fear of embarrassment. I feel like these girls I hear in the locker room are only coming up with excuses, rather then trying something out that will make them feel better in the long run. I wish I had the courage to go up to them and tell them they are beautiful. I wish I could tell them that they don't need to fear the gym. The gym will only make them feel better in the long run, no one will make fun of you, and you will look as awesome as you feel.

Instead of saying anything, I mindlessly overhear their conversations and say nothing. But for anyone out there reading it, that needs that extra boost....YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Working out shouldn't be a chore, or something you are afraid of. Once you go for a few days...you will get over the fear. You will feel more confident, and better then you ever have felt. Every day you go you will feel better. And as you lose weight, gain muscle, and feel more fit, your confidence will only go up. Everyone is beautiful at all different sizes. The gym isn't about looking like a Barbie, it's about feeling happy with the body you have. It's about looking and ultimately feeling better. No one is going to make fun of someone that feels great.

You are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment