Monday, June 13, 2011

Everything Happens for A Reason

We are told growing up that “everything happens for a reason”, but when something negative happens in your life I think that it is hard to realize that the saying still holds true. In my life I have had many unfortunate life-changing moments, and although some tragic, I think without them I wouldn’t be who I am today.

Several months ago my heart was broken, and I felt there was nothing in this world that would ever mend the remains. I had to change so many aspects of my life, that I felt like I was basically forced to become someone new. I was swimming in a sea of change, and was barely making it to the surface. But through all the turbulence, I think I have finally made it to the top. The journey only made me stronger. It did make me a different person, but I am likening the person that made it out.

In my life before, I felt like my whole life was planned already. The book had already been written; I just had to keep reading in order to reach the end. But now, I am writing my own book, and I have no idea what the ending will be. I am writing it all as I go along.

I liked reading the book, but I felt like it needed more chapters. And now, I have the ability to write them myself. I always wanted to do so many other things, but I was so caught up in the life that was already written, that I didn’t feel the need. I was happy where I was, and didn’t feel like I needed to change something that was already so good. But then, I was forced to change, and finally write the unfinished chapters.

My heart was in so many pieces that it took me a while to realize that I needed to put them back together myself. Being in love is such an amazing feeling. Feeling like you are one half of a whole is so strong, that it is hard to go back to feeling okay as a whole part of a half again. Slowly, I have been picking up all the pieces myself, and am finding so many parts that I thought were lost. I am now finally able to start writing those unfinished chapters.

A part of me always wanted to go back to school. I have a strong desire to always be learning and expanding my knowledge. It is something that was always in the back of my mind, but I was stuck in my life, so I never pursued it. That piece of my heart is now clear, so I have enrolled in school. I start in the fall, pursing a degree in Elementary Education with a minor in Environmental Studies. I hope to one day teach an environmental program for children. I am mixing my two favorite things: children, and being outdoors. I am more excited then ever for the prospect of school: and a chapter is being written.

I always was curious what it would be like to live in an apartment by myself, and for the last several months, I have done just that. I have an adorable one-bedroom apartment; however, it is not all it is cracked up to be. After going from living with a partner for as long as I did, it is very difficult to live on my own. I am lonely all the time, and find I hate the silence. So, I am changing that part of my life, and am moving in with one of my best friends. I am excited for this chapter of life.

There are so many things that I wanted to do, but never did. And so many things I never thought I would never get the chance to do because I was so content. But now I am finally getting the chance to write all these new chapters of my life. And now I feel like I have found enough pieces of my broken heart, that I can finally be happy for the change.

If I never had gotten my heart broken, I never would be where I am today. I am very happy where I am, and I am very happy with who I have become. These chapters of my life that I am writing are some of the most fun chapters I have ever written, and I am more excited then ever to find out how they end.

Getting your heart ripped into pieces is one of the most painful experiences one can go through. I have a strong hope that I will find a love to help me mend it completely, but for now I am just working on the pieces I can fix myself. They say that, “Everything happens for a reason”. In my life the reason is just starting to get written, and I am excited to see how this chapter ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment