Thursday, July 11, 2013

Always the "Smart Girl"...

I was always the "Smart Girl". If someone needed help with their homework, or needed an answer to a question, they would come to me. I usually knew the answer, or at least how to find it. When I was talking to people, they always said I sounded "educated" with the vacabulary I used. I never thought I was a genious, but I did know I was smart.

I never took pride in my appearance, or thought I was the "Pretty Girl". I knew I was smart, and I am good with that. I am a very confident person, I don't need people to tell me if I look good. I knew I was smart, and really that is good enough.

It wasn't until recently that I found out that I am not the "Smart Girl". I always knew I was smart, and thought I was pretty, but it turns out I am both. Or, at least that's what I got from it.

A few weeks ago I found out that an old friend of my fiance has been talking bad about me. I'm not sure of all the details, but I know she thinks I am "dumb". She often corrects my spelling on social media sites, and likes to . I always thought she was just joking and being fun, but I guess I was mistaking. The funny thing is, when I found that out all I could do was laugh.

This news only made me more confident. I was always the "Smart Girl". And, I still am. Just because she thinks she is smarter then me (at just grammar I guess?), doesn't mean I am dumb. So, of course that didn't bother me. But, the weird part about this information is that it actually made me more confident. The reason? Because I know she thinks I'm pretty. She has made many remarks to my looks, and it has always come across in a positive way. This girl doesn't think I'm smart, but I know she thinks I'm pretty.

I guess I am now the "Pretty Girl". The funny thing, is I know I am still the "Smart Girl", but now I also know that I am the "Pretty Girl". I really do have it all.

Sometimes all it takes is one comment to really boost your self-esteem. Because we all knew I had a problem with confidence right?

No comments:

Post a Comment